Two toddler brothers have been rescued after nearly drowning in a backyard pool in Sydney's southwest.
A two-year-old boy was found at the bottom of a pool at a Padstow home on Wednesday morning. His younger sibling was floating at the top.
According to an Ambulance NSW spokesman, the parents of the children jumped in and rescued them, with the father performing CPR on one of the children, who was revived at the scene.
Both children are recovering in Westmead Children's Hospital.
"This is a good example of why knowing CPR is so important, especially for families with young children," the spokesman said.
"In this case the father performing CPR may have averted a tragedy".
The gate lock on the pool at the rental home was faulty, according to Blacktown City Council.
In a statement, the council said it inspected the pool fence after the incident, issuing compliance orders for a faulty gate latch and a loose section of fencing.
According to the statement, the property agent has agreed to immediately rectify the problems.
Latest Top Stories Articles