An 18-year-old man has been refused bail after being charged with the manslaughter of a 22-year-old man on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula.
David Cassai, 22, of Templestowe, died in hospital after he was struck and hit his head on the ground during a brawl at Rye in the early hours of Monday morning.
Police allege Dylan John Closter, of Millgrove, struck Mr Cassai at least three times before he fell.
Prosecutors told the Melbourne Magistrates Court that Closter then laughed and was heard to say "that's what we're here for" as he left the scene.
Closter applied for bail but it was opposed by police, who said they still needed to interview another suspect and they feared Closter could interfere with him and other witnesses.
The magistrate agreed but said circumstances could change once the other suspect had been interviewed.
Closter's lawyer Bernie Balmer says it is disappointing bail was refused but he will try again.
"I've just listed another bail application on Monday because as you've heard, the magistrate left it open for him to make another application after the police interview another alleged offender," he said.
A 24-year-old man from Kilsyth has also been charged with intentionally causing serious injury.
Two others were questioned and released without charge.