VNR: Copyright of FitnessGlo
Location and date unknown
1. FitnessGlo workout class
Santa Monica, California - 13 December 2013
2. Zoom out from computer showing fitness class as it's being viewed by video editor
3. Medium of fitness class being played on website to woman watching
4. SOUNDBITE: (English) Callie Miller, CEO FitnessGlo
5. Various of man editing video
6. Zoom out of fitness class on computer
7. SOUNDBITE: (English) Callie Miller, CEO FitnessGlo
8. Various of technician recording video of class on computer
9. SOUNDBITE (English) Lacey Stone, fitness expert and instructor
10. Various of Jennifer Preston in class being recorded
11. SOUNDBITE: (English) Jennifer Preston, student and fitness fan
12. Zoom out of person typing on computer
13. Various of user looking at website on computer
THIS COULD BE ANY FITNESS CLASS IN ANY GYM IN AMERICA. BUT IT'S ACTUALLY A PRE-PRODUCED VIDEO, DESIGNED TO BE WATCHED--AND WORKED OUT TO--AT HOME OR ON THE GO.
SOUNDBITE: (English) Callie Miller, CEO FitnessGlo:
"Whether it's, you just had a baby and the only time you have is 30 minutes at night when your gym isn't open, being able to work out online wherever you are is really a trend."
SINCE THE DAYS OF MASS-PRODUCED VHS TAPES, THERE HAVE BEEN WORKOUT VIDEOS, BUT THESE ARE DIFFERENT. THEY'RE PART OF A WEBSITE CALLED FITNESS GLO. ONE OF A NUMBER OF SIMILAR ONLINE ENTERPRISES.
SOUNDBITE: (English) Callie Miller, CEO, FitnessGlo:
"You are greeted with a welcome screen, highlights the latest classes that have been added. Then you can go on if you are looking for a 10 minute class, a 30 minute class or if you know what kind of class you want."
THE EMPHASIS IS ON FLEXIBILITY AND VARIETY.
SOUNDBITE (English) Lacey Stone, fitness expert and instructor:
"The sense that there are blogs and communities and there is Facebook and InstaChat, you almost do feel that you are interacting with the instructors that are teaching."
IT'S ALL DESIGNED TO HELP PEOPLE FIT WORKOUTS INTO THEIR INCREASINGLY BUSY LIVES.
SOUNDBITE: (English) Jennifer Preston, student and fitness fan:
"I'm working and going to grad school at the same time so I have very little free time so its amazing that I can go onto FitnessGlo and I can pull up a class even in a time span of 10 minutes and get my workout on and get my blood pumping."
FOR JUST 12 DOLLARS A MONTH, USERS HAVE ACCESS TO 600 VIDEOS. AND THEIR EXERCISE FIX a is a click away.
MATT FRIEDMAN. ASSOCIATED PRESS.