AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
San Francisco - December 8/ 17, 2013
1. walkway to Candlestick Park
2. wide shot of Candlestick Park
3. 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick warms up before game
4. 49ers flag flies outside stadium
5. wide shot of stadium interior
6. cheerleaders practice midfield
7. 49ers end zone
8. "Farewell Candlestick, Hello Levi's Stadium!" sign
9. SOUNDBITE (English): Dustin Indendi, 49ers Fan: (transcript below)
10. cloudy skies above Candlestick
11. old Giants scoreboard underneath bleachers
12. view of the Bay over Candlestick signs
13. BBQ at tailgate
14. heaters on full blast at tailgate
15. tailgate shot wide
16. fans pose in front of "The Stick" sign
17. SOUNDBITE (English): Yuri Williams, 49ers Fan: (transcript below)
18. 49er fans walk in front of Since 1971 sign
19. AP file photo of players walking out of Candlestick after '89 earthquake
20. AP file photo of Beatles walking off airplane
21. AP file photo of 49er Dwight Clark making "The Catch"
22. Bill Walsh Field plaque
23. leaking roof
24. water pooling on concrete
25. old rusty seats
26. SOUNDBITE (English): Keena Turner, Former 49er Linebacker & Four-Time Super Bowl Champ: (transcript below)
27. 49ers locker room
28. framed Joe Montana jersey
29. players walk onto field
30. low angle stadium seat shot
31. electronic scoreboard
32. SOUNDBITE (English): Carla Sosa, 49ers Fan: (transcript below)
33. 49er kicker practices
34. two fans hug
35. SOUNDBITE (English): Haven Daley, Associated Press: (transcript below)
36. tailgating in front of stadium
37. "Thanks for Coming" sign
("Welcome to Candlestick!" announcer nats)
IT'S THE END OF AN ERA IN SAN FRANCISCO.
CANDLESTICK PARK IS SET TO CLOSE FOR GOOD AFTER THE 49ER'S FINAL REGULAR SEASON HOME GAME MONDAY NIGHT
THE TEAM IS MOVING TO THE NEW ONE-POINT-TWO BILLION DOLLAR LEVI'S STADIUM IN SANTA CLARA NEXT SEASON.
SOUNDBITE: Dustin Indendi, 49ers fan
"The new stadium looks nice and all but this is where I've seen every game."
OPENED IN 1960 FOR THE GIANTS BASEBALL team, THE STADIUM ON THE BAY BECAME KNOWN FOR IT'S WILD WEATHER WITH SWIRLING WINDS AND COLD TEMPERATURES, EVEN IN SUMMER.
SOME LONG-TIME FANS SAY THAT JUST GAVE "THE STICK" MORE CHARACTER.
SOUNDBITE: Yuri WIlliams, 49ers dan
"This is an historical park and it will be missed."
(AP file photo montage)
CANDLESTICK'S HISTORY INCLUDES THE 1989 WORLD SERIES GAME ROCKED BY AN EARTHQUAKE... THE BEATLE'S LAST CONCERT IN 1966... AND "THE CATCH" IN 1982 WHICH LEAD TO THE FIRST OF FIVE 49ER SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS.
BUT THE STADIUM IS SHOWING ITS AGE, WITH LEAKING PIPES AND RUSTY METAL ALL OVER.
SOUNDBITE: Keena Turner, former 49er linebacker, four-time Super Bowl Champ:
"We need a new stadium. I guess the good news is the memories don't go anywhere. You don't lose the memories when the building comes down."
FANS WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE A PIECE OF HISTORY WITH THEM BEFORE THE STADIUM COMES DOWN, WITH SEATS AND SIGNS UP FOR SALE.
SOUNDBITE: Carla Sosa, 49ers fan
"The stadium does not matter. It's the game. It's the 49ers. It's our family here that we tailgate with."
SOUNDBITE: Haven Daley, Associated Press
"Candlestick is set to be demolished sometime in late 2014. Haven Daley, Associated Press, San Francisco"