Football fans who stir up trouble at matches have been put on notice, with police, government and industry members joining forces to give bad behaviour the boot.
It comes as thousands of fans are set to descend on Sydney's Allianz Stadium on Friday night for the A-League season-opener between Sydney FC and Newcastle.
Representatives from the NSW government, police and Football Federation Australia have formed a new ministerial advisory group to identify and punish rowdy fans and prevent a repeat of last season's crowd problems.
The group will meet regularly to plan new ways to make matches safer and curb violent behaviour.
"It's about a zero tolerance of anti-social or potentially dangerous behaviour, pre-match, at the game and post-match," NSW Police Minister Michael Gallacher said on Friday.
"It's important we ... deal with those who seek to damage the good name of football."
Match-goers who break the law will be taken out, prosecuted and banned from future games, Assistant Commissioner Alan Clarke warned.
A-League head Damien de Bohun said clubs, venues and police had been working throughout the off-season to ensure the "small minority" of unruly fans could be targeted and removed.