New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder has tested positive for a performance-enhancing supplement and expects to be banned for about six months, according to a report.

The former international was only told he had tested positive after he was released from hospital following an assault in Christchurch earlier this year, RadioLive reports.

His lawyers say it was a poorly labelled weight-loss supplement and he didn't know he was taking a banned substance.

A Drug Free Sport NZ hearing was held earlier this month and a decision on a ban period - expected to be about six months - is expected to be announced this week.

Ryder has recently chosen to leave Wellington and play his cricket in Otago.


Publishing Services International Limited (PSIL) is the publisher and operator of a worldwide network of online news sites dedicated to delivering fair, accurate and relevant reporting from a variety of the world’s most trusted sources – from the biggest cities to the smallest towns.

We deliver positive and powerful messages to our readers, providing up‑to‑the‑second news that matters to the individual.

Our promise is to serve communities and individuals worldwide, delivering information that hasn’t always been available to them. We will give them back a voice – a voice that’s empowering because it is theirs – and provide a platform to communicate between themselves and the world.

We believe people are not just generic demographics; they are individuals with their own preferences and curiosities. We are about understanding these individuals, listening to them, and serving them.

We are the new pioneering spirit of news – we’re not talking to everyone, we’re talking with every one.

If you want your news, your voice, your way, on your time – we’ve got news for you.




If you have any questions or concerns please email us on


  • Australia, Toll Free 1-800-983-421
  • Hong Kong, Toll Free 800-906-187
  • Singapore, Toll Free 800-852-3871
  • USA/Canada, Toll Free 1-800-830-4132

Advertise With Us

Interested in being awesome?
Contact us by email or phone.