NSW residents injured in car crashes will receive less financial support under proposed reforms which will also protect insurance companies' profits, the Greens say.
In May, Finance Minister Greg Pearce introduced laws he said would make the state's Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance scheme fairer and more affordable.
Under the new "no fault" scheme accident victims would be able to access pay outs faster and motorists would pay up to 15 per cent less for their greenslips, he said.
And those injured in car accidents won't have to prove fault to claim compensation, a move aimed at hastening existing legal processes.
A five-year limit on medical expenses will also be introduced as part of the package.
Ahead of a meeting on the CTP changes to be held on Wednesday NSW Greens MP David Shoebridge said compensation to "almost 90 per cent" of those injured on the state's roads would be cut.
"If this becomes law it will be both expensive and unfair," he said in a statement.
"The government has clearly had a closer look at the viability of their new administrative scheme and abandoned any firm promise of reduced premiums.
"This package protects insurer profits and fails to propose any mechanism to claw back excessive insurer profits and return them to motorists."
The reforms were paused earlier in June, with Premier Barry O'Farrell saying the government had received "concerns from a number of sectors".
The upper house is expected to debate the bill in late August.