Paula Deen will not be returning to The Food Network.
The network said in a news release Friday afternoon that it would not renew Deen's contract when it expires at the end of the month.
The decision comes days after it was revealed she used racial slurs.
While being questioned as part of a lawsuit, Deen admitted that she had used racial slurs in the past. The network's announcement came barely an hour after she posted a video online begging fans and critics forgiveness for her past mistakes.
The TV cook said she wanted to apologize "for the wrong that I've done" and that she wanted to learn and grow from the incident.
During questioning last month in the discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star said even though she used racial slurs in the past, she insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
Latest Politics Articles