SOURCE -WSB - COURTESY WSB, EMBARGO ATLANTA
Atlanta - 21 April, 2013
1. Close, Woman greeting people in airport
2. Mid, crowd in airport
3. Close, rolling bag in airport
4. Wide, big line of people
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Suzanne Ryan/Passenger (Transcript Below)
6. Mid, air traffic controllers
7. Close, air traffic controller
8. Close, air traffic controller
9. Wide, air traffic controllers
10. Wide, plane on runway
11. SOUNDBITE (English) Victor Santore/Air Traffic Controllers Union Regional Vice President (Transcript Below)
12. Wide, people on line\
13. Wide, big line of people
14. Wide, plane taking off.
PEOPLE WHO TRAVEL ARE NERVOUS ABOUT FLIGHT DELAYS, WITH NEW GOVERNMENT FURLOUGHS TAKING EFFECT AT THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION.
SOUNDBITE: Suzanne Ryan/Passenger
"You just sort of cringe, but what do you do? If you
want to travel, that's just the price you pay for it. "
SUNDAY WAS THE FIRST DAY FLIGHT CONTROLLERS WERE SUBJECT TO FURLOUGHS.
SOME DELAYS OCCURRED LATE IN THE DAY AROUND NEW YORK.
BUT THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY AND FLIGHT CONTROLLERS PREDICT WIDESPREAD DELAYS AND CANCELLATIONS, WITH FEWER FLIGHT CONTROLLERS ON THE JOB.
SOUNDBITE: Victor Santore/ Air Traffic Controllers Union Regional Vice President
"It's like equating to tollbooths. if you have 10 tollbooths and you only open 8 , you're going to have delays. "
THE F-A-A SAYS BUDGET CUTS LEFT IT WITH NO CHOICE BUT TO FURLOUGH ALL OF ITS EMPLOYEES ONE DAY EVERY OTHER WEEK.
SANDY KOZEL, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS.