AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Velika Ivanca, Serbia - April 9, 2013
1. Wide of villagers
2. Mid of villagers and neighbours
3. Wide of police officer standing in front of house of alleged shooter, Ljubisa Bogdanovic
4. Close up of police at scene
5. Close up of house where some of the shootings occurred
6. Mid of police at scene
7. Tracking shot of forensics van arriving at scene
8. Wide of media at scene
9. Mid of van into which body of one of the victims was placed (shot behind fence)
10. Tracking shot of police van
11. Mid of police van going under police cordon
12. Wide of Stanica Kostadinovic, neighbour of Ljubisa Bogdanovic, showing a photo of some of the victims
13. SOUNDBITE (Serbian) Stanica Kostadinovic, neighbour of alleged shooter, Ljubisa Bogdanovic
"I can't believe that this has happened here in our village. No-one would even hurt even an animal, let alone kill a human being. I can't believe that Ljubisa did this."
14. Wide of police officer at scene
15. Mid of police at scene, village as backdrop.
THE AFTERMATH OF A MASS SHOOTING IN SERBIA ... WHERE AUTHORITIES SAY A 60-YEAR-OLD VETERAN GUNNED DOWN 13 PEOPLE, INCLUDING HIS MOTHER, SON AND TWO-YEAR-OLD COUSIN.
HE WENT HOUSE-TO-HOUSE USING A HANDGUN IN THE PRE-DAWN HOURS ... BEFORE SHOOTING AND WOUNDING HIMSELF AND HIS WIFE. MOST OF THE VICTIMS KILLED ... WHILE THEY SLEPT.
IT HAPPENED IN A VILLAGE SOME 30 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE CAPITAL OF BELGRADE.
SOUNDBITE (Serbian) Stanica Kostadinovic, neighbour of alleged shooter, Ljubisa Bogdanovic
THIS NEIGHBOR SAYS "I can't believe that this has happened here in our village. No-one would even hurt even an animal, let alone kill a human being ... "
POLICE SAY THE MOTIVE FOR THE KILLINGS ... UNCLEAR. IN ONE HOUSE ... AN ENTIRE FIVE-MEMBER FAMILY SHOT DEAD.
SUCH SHOOTINGS ARE RARE IN SERBIA ... ALTHOUGH WEAPONS ARE READILY AVAILABLE, FROM THE BALKAN WARS OF THE 1990S.
THE LOCAL POLICE CHIEF SAYS THE SUSPECT LOST HIS JOB LAST YEAR ... AND FOUGHT AS A SERB SOLDIER IN CROATIA IN 1992.
LEE POWELL, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS