A man who had to be rescued from floodwaters after being bitten by a snake on the New South Wales mid-north coast, has died.
It took emergency services around three hours to reach the man after he was bitten on the hand by a venomous snake at a rural property, south west of Bellingen earlier this month.
Flooding, torrential rain and the remote location hampered the rescue effort.
The 60-year-old Kalang man did not reach hospital until seven hours after he was bitten.
He was unconscious at times and in a critical condition when he received anti-venom treatment.
The man was transferred to Newcastle's John Hunter Hospital where died at the weekend.
A funeral will be held next week.