North Queensland is braced for another deluge, but forecasters are downplaying the risk of a cyclone crossing the coast.
Forecaster Tony Auden says the Bureau of Meteorology is keeping a close eye on a strengthening monsoonal trough over the Coral Sea.
He says there's a 20 to 50 per cent chance of a cyclone forming late in the week or next week, but it's unlikely to cross the coast.
Heavy rain associated with the trough - up to 200mm over 24 hours - is expected to fall from Cairns to Mackay on Monday and Tuesday and may continue throughout the week.
Up to 300mm of rain fell near Mackay over the 24 hours from 9am (AEST) Sunday.
As the north braces for another deluge, the clean-up is beginning on the western downs region, after the area's second flood in five weeks.
About 234 properties in the town of Dalby were inundated when Myall Creek broke its banks on Sunday. Of those, 34 homes have been significantly affected.
"Our rapid response group is doing house-to-house calls to see what additional damage has occurred. There could be more," mayor Ray Brown told AAP.
He said the mining and cotton industries had also been affected by the flooding.
Further flooding is expected between Cecil Plains and Condamine, near Dalby, over the next week.
More flooding is expected in Bundaberg, which is still undertaking a monumental clean-up after ex-tropical cyclone Oswald last month.
Mayor Mal Forman says the Burnett River could flood downstream of Bundaberg on Monday, but he does not expect houses to be affected.
He told the ABC the expected peak of five metres on Monday would cause some flooding of streets and roads in low-lying areas.