Beautiful Creatures, a romantic fantasy movie based on the novel of the same name, has topped a quiet weekend at the Australian box office.
It has taken in $1.153 million in its first week of release, edging out last week's No.1 Safe Haven.
Beautiful Creatures, whose cast includes Emma Thompson, is the story of a man named Ethan (Alden Ehrenreich) who escapes to a small town in the southern US.
There, he meets a girl and they proceed to uncover secrets about their respective families.
Safe Haven, meanwhile, had another solid weekend, topping $1 million in earnings.
It is the eighth book by Nicholas Sparks to make it to the big screen and if you've seen any of the previous tear-jerking romances, you'll know what to expect, although with a couple of twists thrown in.
There were few changes in the top 10, with The Silver Linings Playbook remaining No.3.
On Monday, Jennifer Lawrence won the best actress Oscar for her role in the film.
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters drops from second to fourth, while Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Last Stand debuts at No.7.
Schwarzenegger plays a sheriff in a small US town near the Mexican border, where he leads the quest to stop a drug kingpin from slipping out of the country.
Argo, which has won the Academy Award for best picture, comes in at 18th.
It has taken in nearly $12 million in 18 weeks on the big screen.
TOP 10 AT THE AUSTRALIAN BOX OFFICE THIS WEEKEND (FEB 21-24):
1. Beautiful Creatures - $1.153 million (Roadshow)
2. Safe Haven - $1.112 million (Roadshow)
3. The Silver Linings Playbook - $1.052 million (Roadshow)
4. Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters - $971,647 million (Paramount)
5. Lincoln - $860,435 (Fox)
6. Django Unchained - $752,284 (Sony Pictures)
7. The Last Stand - $658,547 (Roadshow)
8. Anna Karenina - $476,226 (Universal)
9. Flight - $463,976 (Paramount)
10. Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away - $456,456 (Paramount)