Cricket Australia (CA) chief James Sutherland says Australia will go to Hyderabad as planned for the second Test starting on March 2 despite twin bombings on Thursday night which killed at least 20 people in the Indian city.

Sutherland said the players had been fully briefed and had told team management their focus was on the first Test, due to start at 3pm (AEDT) on Friday in Chennai, before the team heads to Hyderabad on Wednesday.

"From the team's point of view, our focus is wholly and solely on the field because we've got people off the field who are experts in what is going on (and) we'll be advised by them," Australian captain Michael Clarke said at the team's hotel on Friday before travelling to the ground amid high security.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with all the people of Hyderabad who have been affected."

Sutherland said he'd had a brief conversation with an Indian board (BCCI) official overnight and he had full confidence in security arrangements that had been put in place.

"You've heard from Michael Clarke that the focus around the team and team management is very much about the Test match here in Chennai," Sutherland said.

"Everyone's very comfortable here in terms of the security arrangements and everything that has been put in place. Everything is spot on.

"We'll take advice from the relevant authorities and work with the BCCI and others here to make assessments around Hyderabad.

"At this stage, I wouldn't be calling into question things going ahead in Hyderabad as planned."

Sutherland said CA had held nothing back from the players.

"We work together with the players and the players' association with these sorts of issues a lot so there's a high level of confidence that management will work through that," he said.

"From there, we'll make assessments and keep talking to them so they know where our thoughts are and what plans are developing.

"I am not going anywhere with hypothetical questions. As far as I'm concerned, we're playing the second Test match in Hyderabad next week and that's where we're at.

"Let's not go into the place of the players saying they don't want to go. What the players have said to us is that all they're interested in right now is this Test match here in Chennai and they'll leave other matters to management to work through with the relevant authorities."

Australian Cricketers' Association chief executive Paul Marsh said they were liaising with CA, as well as receiving their own security advice after the blasts.

"Any time there's a situation where there's an apparent terrorist attack in a country where you're playing cricket and particularly in a city you're scheduled to go to, there's obvious concern," Marsh told AAP.

"We've been gathering information today (and) we're not due to go travel there until next Wednesday, so we're still in the process at the moment of trying to understand the risks involved in our team going to Hyderabad."

Marsh said there did not appear to be any current direct threat to the team in Chennai.

He added that security around the team had increased and expected there would be promises of the same happening in Hyderabad.

"They are all positive measures, but we need to speak to the experts and they'll guide us as they always have," Marsh said.

"I have confidence in the advice we get around these types of issues."

One issue is whether there is any threat to the team itself.

"The key with these types of things is to try to get an understanding of whether there is a direct threat to the team, or whether the real risk here is being in the wrong place at the wrong time," Marsh said.

"They're the sort of things you need to weigh up.

"Until the Lahore attack on the Sri Lankan team, the risk was always around being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"As you know, there have been tours cancelled with that as the threat."

 

Advertisement