Hundred of people were forced to evacuate a Prahran nightclub when fire broke out overnight.
Smoke quickly filled the room, after a electrical fire broke out in the roof space of the building on the corner of Chapel and High Streets.
The Metropolitan Fire Brigade's Tony Trimble says staff managed to extinguish the flames before fire crews arrived.
"Approximately 300 patrons were evacuated from the nightclub," he said.
He says staff did a great job evacuating the premises.
"They just did a fire warning course, and they've got a good fire plan and they handled the situation really well."