An arrest warrant has been issued for troubled former Melbourne AFL player Liam Jurrah after he failed to attend an Adelaide court on Tuesday.
Jurrah was listed to appear in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court charged with an aggravated assault alleged to have occurred at suburban Elizabeth North on January 29.
He also faces a charge of driving under the influence in relation to another incident at Para Hills on January 14.
When he failed to appear on Tuesday, magistrate Joanne Tracey issued a warrant for his arrest.
The order comes after Jurrah was charged with assault over an alleged machete attack in the Northern Territory in March last year and after he was delisted by Melbourne at the end of the AFL season.
He is due to face court in Alice Springs on the assault charge in March.
After being dumped by the Demons last year, Port Adelaide invited Jurrah to train but opted against picking up the talented forward in December's pre-season and rookie draft, citing injury-related fitness concerns and also his off-field troubles.
The Power did offer him a spot playing with the Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL with a promise they would help with his court issues and consider recruiting him for 2014.
In a statement, the club said Jurrah had not taken up the opportunity to play in the SANFL.
"Port Adelaide has offered extensive support in an attempt to assist Liam, but unfortunately it appears that complex circumstances in his life away from football have prevented him from making the commitment required by the club," the statement said.
"Port Adelaide has been genuine in its desire to help and has attempted to maintain dialogue with Liam over recent months, but it is clear that he now needs to focus entirely on the matters he is dealing with in his personal life."