Victorians who suffered injury and loss in the Black Saturday Kilmore East bushfire are being urged to register their compensation claims.
Victims of the Kilmore East fire, which killed 119 people and destroyed 1000 homes on February 9, 2009, are suing electricity company SP AusNet.
Plaintiff law firm Maurice Blackburn said those eligible to be part of the class action must register their claim before the March 22 deadline.
The trial, which is Victoria's biggest civil case, is due to start on March 4.
Maurice Blackburn senior associate Rory Walsh said people affected by the fire should register now to ensure they could benefit from the class action.
Mr Walsh said if the suit was successful, eligible victims who had not registered would not be able to recover compensation.
SP AusNet has previously vowed to "vigorously defend" the class action, which centres on claims relating to the inspection and maintenance of its assets.