AP ShowBiz Minute.
"Argo" continues to steam roll through awards season - the C. I. A. thriller won the top honor at the Screen Actors Guild Awards Sunday.
Lead acting accolades went to Daniel Day-Lewis for "Lincoln" and Jennifer Lawrence for "Silver Linings Playbook."
Anne Hathaway of "Les Miserables" and Tommy Lee Jones of "Lincoln" took home the supporting actor awards.
Chris Brown is being investigated for possible assault in fight over a parking spot.
The L. A. County Sheriff's Department says the altercation outside a recording studio "allegedly led to Brown punching the victim."
Celebrity website TMZ says the fight also involved Frank Ocean, who later tweeted that he got jumped by Brown and a couple of guys.
"Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters" has grabbed the top spot at the U. S. box office taking nineteen million dollars in its opening weekend - that's according to studio estimates.
Supernatural horror film "Mama," starring Jessica Chastain, dropped to second with twelve point eight million.
This is Sid Dixon with AP ShowBiz Minute.
Limited License. You are hereby granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable temporary license to broadcast and/or display SAG Awards Clips (including "screen grabs") and SAG Awards Stills beginning upon the first airing of the SAG Awards Show on Sunday, January 27, 2013, through 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, February 24, 2013 subject to the following restrictions:
(1) SAG Awards Clips and/or SAG Awards Stills may be used only for legitimate news reporting purposes on television, in newspapers and periodicals, and on the internet. SAG Awards Clips and/or SAG Awards Stills may be used only for legitimate news reporting which refers to: (i) the SAG Awards Show as an event, (ii) SAG-AFTRA as an organization, or (iii) specific achievements for which an individual has been nominated for or awarded a Screen Actors Guild Award. SAG Awards Clips and/or SAG Awards Stills may not be used for any purposes other than those expressly stated herein;
(2) No more than thirty seconds (00:30) of any individual SAG Awards Clip may be used;
(3) The aggregate length of all SAG Awards Clips used in an individual program may not exceed two minutes (02:00);
(4) With respect to SAG Awards Stills, except (i) graphics and (ii) any image of THE ACTOR statuette, you are permitted to crop or resize the image, but may not distort the content or otherwise manipulate the image; you may only resize (and not crop or otherwise manipulate or distort) (i) SAG Awards Stills that are graphics and (ii) any image of THE ACTOR statuette;
(5) Any display, exhibition, broadcast, or use of SAG Awards Clips and/or SAG Awards stills must be prominently accompanied by the legend: "Courtesy of 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards";
(6) The sale or distribution of any SAG Awards Clips and/or SAG Awards Stills from the SAG Awards or any SAG Awards event (e.g. nomination ceremony, behind-the-scenes, Question & Answer sessions, rehearsals, Red Carpet Arrivals) for any non-news reporting purpose or sale to the general public is strictly prohibited.
Screen Actors Guild
Los Angeles, 27 January 2013
1. Actor-producer-director Ben Affleck's acceptance speech on behalf of the "Argo" cast
2. Daniel Day-Lewis acceptance speech
3. Jennifer Lawrence acceptance speech
4. Anne Hathaway acceptance speech
Jive Label Group
5. Music video clip - "Yeah 3x" by Chris Brown
Mercury Records Limited
6. Music video clip - "Swim Good" by Frank Ocean
7. Trailer clip: "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters"
8. Trailer excerpt: "Mama"